Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Foreign Languages Professor, French Professor, German Professor, Instructor, Modern Languages Professor, Professor, Spanish Instructor, Spanish Professor
Teach languages and literature courses in languages other than English. Includes teachers of American Sign Language (ASL). Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as how to speak and write a foreign language and the cultural aspects of areas where a particular language is used.
- Computer-based training software — Blackboard Learn; Learning management system LMS; Moodle; Sakai CLE
- Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker; QuarkXPress
- Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook Hot technology
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop Hot technology
- Word processing software — Collaborative editing software; Google Docs Hot technology; Microsoft Word