Artist, Designer, Graphic Artist, Graphic Designer, Online Producer, Production Artist, Publications Designer
Design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Hot technology; Autodesk Revit Hot technology; Bentley MicroStation Hot technology
- Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Distiller; Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign Hot technology; Microsoft Publisher; QuarkXPress
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator Hot technology; SmugMug Flickr Hot technology; Trimble SketchUp Pro Hot technology
- Video creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects Hot technology; Apple Final Cut Pro; WeVideo; YouTube Hot technology
- Web platform development software — AJAX Hot technology; Cascading style sheets CSS Hot technology; Drupal Hot technology; Oracle JavaServer Pages JSP