Database Administration Manager, Database Administrator (DBA), Database Analyst, Database Coordinator, Information Systems Manager, System Administrator, Computer and Information Systems Manager
Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. Identify, investigate, and resolve database performance issues, database capacity, and database scalability. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system, or direct others in coding
- Database management system software — Amazon DynamoDB Hot technology; Elasticsearch Hot technology; MongoDB Hot technology; Oracle PL/SQL Hot technology
- Data base user interface and query software — Apache Hive Hot technology; Blackboard software; MySQL Hot technology; Oracle JDBC Hot technology
- Development environment software — Apache Ant Hot technology; Apache Kafka Hot technology; Common business-oriented language COBOL Hot technology; Go Hot technology
- Object or component-oriented development software — Advanced business application programming ABAP Hot technology; Apache Groovy Hot technology; jQuery Hot technology; Scala Hot technology
- Web platform development software — Backbone.js Hot technology; Google AngularJS Hot technology; Microsoft ASP.NET Core MVC Hot technology; Spring Framework Hot technology