Repair and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment of inboard or inboard-outboard boat engines.
Boat Mechanic, Boat Motor Mechanic, Boat Rigger, Marine Mechanic, Marine Propulsion Technician, Marine Technician, Mechanic, Outboard Motor Mechanic, Outboard Technician, Service Technician
- Start motors and monitor performance for signs of malfunctioning, such as smoke, excessive vibration, or misfiring.
- Document inspection and test results and work performed or to be performed.
- Mount motors to boats, and operate boats at various speeds on waterways to conduct operational tests.
- Repair the engine's mechanical equipment, such as power tilts, bilge pumps, or power take-offs.
- Perform routine engine maintenance on motorboats, such as changing oil and filters.
- Analytical or scientific software — CDI Electronics M.E.D.S.; Engine diagnostic scanners; Outboard engine diagnostic software; Rinda Technologies DIACOM Marine
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office software Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology
- Word processing software — Microsoft Word Hot technology