Audio Engineer, Audio Operator, Mastering Engineer, Mixer, Mixing Engineer, Recording Engineer, Sound Editor, Sound Engineer, Sound Technician, Studio Engineer, Theatrical and Broadcast Technicians
Assemble and operate equipment to record, synchronize, mix, edit, or reproduce sound, including music, voices, or sound effects, for theater, video, film, television, podcasts, sporting events, and other productions.
- Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Confer with producers, performers, and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production, such as a musical recording or a film.
- Separate instruments, vocals, and other sounds, and combine sounds during the mixing or postproduction stage.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during recording sessions, using control consoles.
- Set up, test, and adjust recording equipment for recording sessions and live performances.
- Music or sound editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Audition; Audio editing software; Avid Technology Pro Tools; Musical instrument digital interface MIDI software
- Operating system software — Apple macOS Hot technology; Linux Hot technology; Microsoft Windows Hot technology; UNIX Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology
- Video creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Premiere Pro; Apple Final Cut Pro; Avid Technology audio-visual editing software